Friday, February 4, 2011

New Painting and a Houston Mystery!


The Trying Room; acrylic on canvas; 24"x24"

I have been working on a new painting this month. This idea has been floating around in my head for quite some time now. I wanted to create a room knee deep in masks, with a child wandering through the space, making his selections. The masks are in my collection; they are carefully selected to symbolize the choices we make when we decide who we want to be. We make these selections not only in our youth, but every moment of every day.

Methodist Mystery


While visiting an artist friend in the Methodist Hospital in Houston, I noticed that the trees outside were netted so that the leaves and debris couldn't fall to the ground. I couldn't believe my eyes and had to take photos to prove to myself that it was actually true.




None of the other trees in the medical center have netting; I wonder what were they thinking?

2 comments:

  1. I love that painting! What an awesome idea! Curious about the trees. I wonder what the plan was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the netting to keep the birds out, I wonder? Fantastic painting, Trudy. The concept is brillant. Everyday I ask, "Who am I? What am I trying to be?"

    ReplyDelete