Monday, February 11, 2013

Dogs







We have a new member of our family.  Her name is Sugar (see above), and she is four years old.  We picked her up in Nashville, Tennessee, and drove her home over the weekend.  In the past she was a therapy dog, and is as sweet as can be, hence the name.

My previous standard poodle was Nina, pictured below.  She was a senior rescue, and I used to tell people that I didn't want a dog younger than I was. She was a regal lady who spent many hours with me in my studio. I didn't make many paintings of her because it is very hard to see the face and eyes of black dogs, particularly when they are wearing a poodle topknot.  Below is one of the few images I made : a 7" x 5" acrylic painting. 






We lavished Nina with lots of  love.  Sadly, Nina died of liver disease last year. We miss her so much.  The empty spot in our hearts and our home prompted us to get Sugar.  


Pictured below is our beloved Jack.  He was the beloved pet who inspired me to paint him for over three years.  Jack was my muse, and companion during a difficult period in my life.  



His Beauty and Grace will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment